Lizard Class (5 Days/Week): 4-Year-Olds | Kindergarten-Readiness Program
- Monday through Friday, 9:15 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Class Size: 16 students
- Teachers: Mrs. Barnard, Mrs. Warner
Lizard Class Objectives:
The Lizard curriculum, much like the Caterpillar's, is play based and geared toward kindergarten readiness. However, they meet daily.
- Reading Readiness Skills- (identifying letters and the sounds they make, writing ones name properly; the first letter of their name being uppercase and the remainder of their name lower case letters.)
- Behavioral & Social Skills- ( learning words for sharing and taking turns, standing in line and waiting patiently, sitting still and listening to story time as well as following directions.)
- Self Help- (Independence; putting their coats and snow gear on with little help from others, having snack with peers, using the bathroom and washing hands inside and outside of the home.)
Caterpillar Class (3 Days/Week): 4-Year-Olds | Kindergarten-Readiness Program
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 8:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- Class Size: 16 students
- Teachers: Mrs. McClintock, Mrs. Nellis
- Reading Readiness Skills- (concept of letters, recognizing letter sounds, rhyming and writing one's own name.)
- Math Skills- (count 1-10, size, order, shapes and colors.)
- Self Help Skills- (using the bathroom, getting dressed to go outside and talking to peers.)
- Social and Emotional Skills- (separating from parents, interacting with other kids, and listening skills.)
- Gross and Fine Motor Skills
Honey Bee Class (2 Days/Week): 3-Year-Olds | Preschool Program
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. | Mondays and Wednesdays, 8:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- Class size: 12 students
- Teachers: Mrs. Korver (Tues/Thurs), Star Reed (Mon/Weds), Mrs. Alton (all Honey Bee Classes)
Honey Bee Objectives
A honey bee curriculum is play based allowing the children to learn skills in a structured environment by play and then turning them into learning moments.
- Behavioral & Social Skills- (sharing, circle time, personal space, self care, classroom routines and listening to directions.)
- Name Recognition/Pre-Writing Skills- (fine motor exercises.)
- Pre-Math Skills- (numbers, shapes, and the concept of big and small.)
- Social and Emotional Development- (using words to describe our feelings and apologizing.)
- Monthly (10 installments): Monthly tuition payments are due by the 15th day of the prior month (i.e. December's tuition is due by November 15th) with exception to September's tuition which is due by July 15th. Monthly tuition payments received after the 15th of the month will incur a $5 late fee (please add this when fulfilling your tuition payment)
- Semi-Annually (2 half payments): Semi-annual tuition payments are due by July 15th and January 15th
- Annually (1 full payment): Annual tuition payments are due by July 15th
Cazenovia Community Preschool
Attn: Director / Tuition
P.O. Box 25
Cazenovia, NY 13035
Pay your tuition online here:
Additional Programs and Camps
No additional programs or camps are being offered at CCP at this time. Please check back occasionally for updates, thank you for your interest!